- Major overhaul of MiniTest & Test::Unit integration. Mocha now integrates with later versions of the two test libraries using documented hooks rather than monkey-patching. This should mean that Mocha will integrate with new versions of either library without the need to release a new version of Mocha each time, which was clearly bad and unsustainable. Many thanks to @tenderlove, @zenspider & @kou for their help, suggestions & patience.
- Temporarily deprecated
require 'mocha'. Use
require 'mocha/setup'instead. The plan is that eventually
require 'mocha'will not automatically integrate with either of the two test libraries as it does at the moment, and you’ll need to explicitly & separately trigger the integration. I think this will provide a lot more flexibility and will hopefully do away with the need for the
require: falseoption in the
Gemfilewhich has always confused people.
require 'mocha/standalone'. Use
- Although these are not part of Mocha’s public API, I thought I should mention that the MiniTest and Test::Unit assertion counter classes have been combined into a single class
Mocha::APIand added documentation for test library authors.
- Improvements to documentation. Much of it has been combined into the
- Fix for issue #101 –
Mock#respond_to?doesn’t work with a
Stringargument – thanks to @urbanautomaton.
- Fix for issue #105 – Travis CI link in the README – thanks to @cknadler.
- Various improvements to automated testing of integration with test libraries.
- Make deprecation warnings more prominent.